29th May 2023
We want to see your very best shots of nature here in the Whakatipu basin, whether they are of native insects, fish, birds or lizards.
A big thank you and good luck to everyone who entered this year!
By your participating in this competition, you agree to abide by the following Rules. Please read these rules before submitting your photograph(s) to the competition.
1. The Competition is open to everyone, of all ages. There are three categories: (a) up to 12 years of age; (2) 13 to 18 years of age; and (3) over 18 years of age.
2. The competition is open for online electronic submissions of photographs only.
3. You may submit up to two photographs in colour or black and white.
4. Each entry should be marked with the photographers name, email address and telephone number. Please select the appropriate category.
5. All submitted photographs must contain the original EXIF metadata information. There must be no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the photograph.
6. Entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered.
7. The photographs must be your original work, taken by you, the contestant. It must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any other person or entity. AI generated content is not permitted.
8. You will retain copyright in the photographs you submit. By entering the competition, you grant the Whakatipu Wildlife Trust (WWT), worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms, to promote the competition, photograph, the photographer or for editorial, educative use or any other purposes of the WWT. Where practicable, the photographer will be credited wherever the photograph is used. No fees are payable for any of the above uses.
9. Photographs must be high resolution, in JPEG format (minimum 3000 pixels) between 2 MB and 5MB.
10. Basic editing, including colour enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the image(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the image(s).
11. Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
12. Photographs that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, violence, breach of human rights and/or any other content contrary to the laws of New Zealand, are strictly prohibited and will be discarded.
13. Every photograph uploaded is subject to a moderation process to make sure it complies with the rules. WWT reserves the right to assess and disregard any submitted photograph at its sole discretion.
14. Entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
15. Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses. WWT is not responsible for any technical difficulties, or any lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete submissions of photographs.
16. WWT reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition for any reason or alter any of the rules at any stage if deemed necessary in WWT’s opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
17. All entries will be judged by a panel appointed by WWT. The results and the winners will be announced on the website.
18. You agree the decision on the winning entry in each category will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. Prizes (if any) will be shipped for free within New Zealand. Winners from outside New Zealand may mention a New Zealand address to ship the prizes. Alternately, they will have to bear the shipping expense to their respective country.
20. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless WWT from any claim arising out of your participation in the competition including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury, loss, cost or expense that You or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in the competition.
21. The competition and these rules are governed by the laws of New Zealand.
Posted in: Latest News